||[Mar. 7th, 2011|07:52 am]
I'm going to keep this short because I want to make an entry over on my primary journal and I'll be going into more detail about these things. But in a nutshell:
- My short story, "You in the Mirror", is going to be published in this summer's edition of Khimairal Ink. My first publishing credit, and at a (token, very token) paying market!
- Two of my short plays, "Don't Jump!" and "Trivial Things", are going to be workshopped by the Saint John Theatre Company with an eye to producing once of them in this year's Theatre on the Edge festival. "Don't Jump!" was particularly well received, and I'm really looking forward to working on both plays in the coming months.
- I've applied to Humber College and am working on my distance audition, which involves writing and performing some stand-up material, writing a short skit, and making a four-minute video essay about my life.
- I'm stage managing a production of The Pride of Parnell Street which we will be taking to Calgary in May.
- Speaking of May, I'm leaving my job on May 4th. "May the Fourth be With You!"
All in all, pretty exciting. I haven't written much since NaNoWriMo ended, so this month I'm rolling up my sleeves and digging into some stories that need editing so that I can submit them for publication. Other than that, most of my energy this month is going to the Humber audition.